Do you know what gamification means? Are you aware you might already be playing at gamification sites without even knowing it? If you’re curious to learn more, we’ve got a full guide for you right here.
Best gamification sites
Among the promotions at Big Tease, you can participate in the Gobsmacked event each day from Sunday through to Thursday. Free spins are available to the winners in the Gobsmacked daily games.
You can start your membership of Top Dog Slots by spinning their Mega Reel. Fluffy Favourites and Starburst are among the popular slots you could net some free spins for.
If you sign up to Wink and fund your account, you’ll get the chance to participate in the Your Daily Challenge event. Complete each challenge and you could get anything from free spins to real cash prizes.
What is gamification?
This is the process of adding a story or theme to the bingo site. It can also mean adding similar elements to a game rather than the site itself. Sometimes, you can find both elements in the same place, depending on the games on offer.
These elements are found in various places:
- Some slot games have gamification aspects to them
- Sites offer promotions that may include several stages to complete or daily events
- Various bonuses might also be offered that go along the same lines
Why gamify a site?
Gamification is all about providing players with something new and more in-depth than the standard offering. As such, it has advantages for both the casino or bingo site and the players:
- The site can stand out in a super-competitive industry
- It makes it easier to retain players and keep them engaged and playing
- It is more appealing to younger players
- It leads to better retention rates
- Gamification sites are unique and interesting to use
Ways to gamify a site
Gamification websites have a multitude of ways to encourage players to participate. Which methods have you already encountered?
- Mega Reel, Turbo Reel, Super Wheel – spin the reel or wheel when signing up to a site to see what you get; most often you’ll receive some free spins
- Tournaments – various games are used for these, so you can play your favourites and get additional chances to find some prizes too
- Collectible trophies – achieve certain outcomes while using a site and receive trophies or awards
- Chat teams or challenges – chat with your fellow gamers in the chat rooms and watch out for games or challenges, either to try solo or as part of a chat team
- Multiplayer games – just what they sound like, the chance to play games where other players participate too
- Gamified slots – slots that have different levels, themes, features, or different characters to choose to play as
- Leaderboard events – these occur over a longer period, offering the chance to collect points or achieve other aims to get to the top of the leaderboard
- The actual site could play like a game – bingo and casino sites with clear themes tend to work most effectively like this; for example, one based on a pirate theme might have different islands to visit as you achieve certain things around the site
- VIP or loyalty points – many sites have these, offering various levels to be unlocked as you progress and achieve more
- Social interaction – follow your favourite site on Facebook for additional deals and offers
- Social media games and community – social media followers may get the chance to participate in some gamblification. You may be able to unlock parts of a site regular members cannot get to
You can see there are endless ways the gamification process can be used to enhance the presentation of a site and the satisfaction a player will experience.
We know how sites can be gamified, but how does the process relate to slots? Here’s how:
- A slot with multiple levels will offer a different background for each one
- A themed slot provides a great game backed up with a theme, i.e. Aztecs, Egyptians, good luck theme, fruity theme, and so on
- A slot might have one or more bonuses that take you away from the reels, providing somewhere new to visit
- New levels can unlock new features within the game or simply provide different symbols or icons to search for
- Sometimes a slot might have a choice of characters to play; choose one to enjoy the game one way or go for the other to unlock different features when a bonus round is reached
This game isn’t the most complex looking game around. However, don’t be fooled – it has some great features that place it squarely in the gamification arena. There are five reels and 20 paylines involved in this one, but there’s way more to look forward to as well:
- Lucky Leprechaun logo is wild
- Four-leaf clover on gold coin is a scatter
- Find the scatter on reel five to secure five free spins with a 2x prize multiplier
- The leprechaun also turns wild in the free spins
But that’s not all. The bonus round is the best part of all:
- Find three, four, or five bonus pots of gold scattered on the reels
- This gets you four, five, or six spins on the Trail O’ Fortune
- Find more scatters, get higher trail multipliers
- See how far you can go on the trail to pick up prizes
Archangels can be good or evil, as we are about to find out. Archangels Salvation is a bigger slot than most, offering six huge reels and 100 lines to bet on. You can begin with just 40p per spin too, with these features to look forward to:
- 2×2 wilds
- A Heaven Hot Spot
- A Hell Hot Spot
- Free spins
Those Hot Spots take up the top two and bottom two rows of the game:
- To trigger the Heaven Feature or Hell Feature, a 2×2 wild must appear in the respective Hot Spot
- It’s easier to trigger during free games, as the Hot Spots increase to cover three rows apiece
- Heaven Feature gives you wild stacks on the reels
- Hell Feature gives you between eight and 16 individual wilds randomly placed on the reels
- Secure up to 25 free spins with the scatter symbol
Are you going to try some bingo site gamification?
Now you know all there is to know about it, you can see it provides another level of enjoyment when you’re searching for games to play.