When you play bingo and slots online, you don’t always want to play the same old thing. That’s where variants come in handy, as these can allow you to play your faves but in a new way. We’re here to tell you all about both bingo and slots variants, so you can have an excellent time online.
Where to Play the Best Variants!
If you’re excited to delve into the world of variants, then here are our suggestions:
- Lucky Admiral – This seafaring casino site will help you out with all of the bonuses and promotions you could ask for. If you want to play slots with bonus features, then we’d suggest having a spin on Fluffy Favourites here.
- Big Tease Bingo – If you want the star treatment, then enjoy the video slot Hansel and Gretel here. You can play for free thanks to their no deposit newbie offer.
Just ensure that you read all of the relevant terms and conditions before playing.
We’ll start our journey with bingo variants, as these are some of our absolute favourites to play on. We’ll start by going through a rundown of all the most common categories:
Traditional Bingo Games vs Bingo Variations
Traditional bingo games can still come in a few different forms, these include:
- 90 Ball Bingo – This is the UK version of bingo that you’ll find all over the internet! You play with a card with three rows, the first player to complete all three will win the full house prize.
- 75 Ball Bingo – This version of bingo grew up in America, with a square grid filled with fun to play on. Players can be asked to fill up the grid or to complete a pattern for their chance to win.
- 50 Ball Bingo – This game is a bit faster than the others, as there are less balls and a smaller grid. The game is usually square, just like 75 ball bingo, but with less places to fill.
- 30 Ball Bingo – The fastest game of them all, there are usually just nine squares to dab off with this game. This makes it a quick game to win a jackpot on, as most rounds last only a minute or two.
- 5 Line/Swedish Bingo – This is a variation on 75 ball bingo, but instead of completing the card, you want to complete lines on it. Those with all five lines will get a larger prize than those with less.
These are some of the more common games that you’ll find on bingo sites. The latter ones on the list are more twists on the classics, but they’re still pretty standard. Often, players are familiar with 90 ball bingo, but will try out some of these in order to still play bingo just with a bit of a difference.
Card Games with a Bingo Twist
Many bingo players also enjoy card games too, which is why you’ll find that some games have a card game twist, these include:
- Joker Jackpot Bingo – Instead of numbers, the free spaces on the board in this game are represented by cards. This makes it familiar to players but with a bit of a different twist too.
- Flash Fives – With just five cards to dab off, this is a super speedy game! Cards are drawn out of the deck and players must be quick to dab them off to win.
TV Show Variants
We all love to watch a bit of telly and these bingo variations really bring you the best of both worlds:
- Deal or No Deal Bingo – Catch up with Noel and the banker when you play this game. It starts off as a 90 ball game, then the winner gambles their jackpot and opens red boxes to win more.
- Who Wants to be a Millionaire Bingo – We all remember when this show was king at the weekend and the bingo game is just as much fun. It’s all about being the fastest finger first to take your place in the hot seat, you might just strike it lucky with a jackpot.
Slot Themed Variations
If you like slots and want to play hybrid games, then check out the following:
- Immortal Romance Bingo – Based on the popular slot, this gives you a vampire themed game to sink your teeth into. It has all of the characters you know from the game and a distinctly dark theme.
- Rainbow Riches Bingo – This bright and fun bingo game features the cheeky leprechaun from the original slot. It mixes things up with additional jackpots and a whole load of green and gold.
When it comes to slot games, there are also a lot of different versions out there to play on. Here are some of the top genres you’ll find on bingo sites:
Slot games with a retro feel and just a few reels to play on, these old fashioned games are great fun. They usually just have one payline to win on and a selection of fruity based symbols, just like puggies that you’d be accustomed to seeing down the pub.
These ones tend to be a bit more advanced and boast more features. Video slots like NetEnt’s Hansel and Gretel are some of the most popular on the internet and they’re filled with fun.
These slot games have more lines on which you can win, though this means that they may be more expensive to play too, so bear this in mind. They can be flexible too, allowing you to play with just one line or even as many as 243 in some games!
These games boast the cream of the crop when it comes to graphics, often having all of the features you could ask for too. The graphics and reels can feel like they’re jumping right out of the screen to meet you too!
Slots with Bonus Features
These kinds of slots can often mix things up with additional rounds. They can be as basic as free spins or pick and win games, or as complex as mini games based on the theme of the game. Fluffy Favourites and its toy box bonus round are great examples of this.
If you’re looking for larger jackpots, then progressive slots are the answer! These jackpot games just get bigger and better with each wager placed upon them. Some games, like Mega Moolah, actually have four different jackpots up for grabs. This means that you could find yourself winning millions in just a single spin!
There are so many slot games out there for you to experience, if you’re just accustomed to bingo then it’s a good idea to experiment with a few different kinds.
All in all, bingo and slots are incredibly varied. These can help you have a great time and keep things fresh, exciting and fun regardless of how often you find yourself playing.